8.17.2010

All My Stacks

Sure, from here I can suck water from the air, I can move a mountain with a sneeze, I can spit over the edge and watch it wash away a grey-lit city.  From here my ice-cream lasts longer.  And with one breath I can whistle any whistle I ever wanted to touch my lips. 

I can call out her name and she'll hear me no matter where she is.

I can watch the sun orbit the earth and change colors only when it's so close to my eye that it looks the same as the sky.  I lean against the moon (I've done this many times).  I yawn and swallow stars.  I snuggle between atmospheres when I take a nap.  From here I can do anything.

But I'm afraid of heights, so please bring me down.  Lower me gently and place me on the ground with crooked neck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice you're writing again.

Alan said...

I like this one.